• ½ cup Nancy’s Cultured Sour Cream
• Juice of 2 limes
• 1 cup finely crumbled Don Froylan Queso Cotija, divided into 4
• ½ teaspoon cayenne powder
• 4 ears corn, shucked Extras:
• 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, finely-chopped and stirred into crumbled cheese (or sprinkled over corn)
• 1 clove garlic, finely-minced and stirred into crumbled cheese
Grill: Place corn on grill, directly over coals and cook, rotating occasionally until cooked through and charred in spots on all sides, about 8 minutes total.
Oven: Turn oven up to its highest temperature. Lightly butter or oil corn, wrap in tinfoil, and place on center rack. Cook 15-20 minutes, rotating occasionally. (you won’t get the same degree of char when cooked in an oven, but it’ll still be delicious.)
While corn cooks, vigorouly stir together sour cream and lime juice together in a medium bowl. Allow cooked corn to cool enough to handle. Using a plastic spatula, thoroughly cover cooked corn with sour cream and lime mix. Spread 1 portion of crumbled cheese evenly on a plate or cutting board, rolling corn to thoroughly coat. Set aside and repeat with remaining ears. Sprinkle corn with cayenne powder and serve immediately. Serve with lime wedges
- Recipe compliments of First Alternative Co-op.