Along with sunshine and longer days, summer brings endless entertainment to Whistler.
This year’s free summer concert series lineup is hot off the press and includes musical acts representing a variety of genres — all performing at Whistler Olympic Plaza.
The series kicks off Saturday June 29 with Canadian jazz musician/vocalist, Matt Dusk. On Sunday, June 30, Whistler welcomes B.C.’s alternative rock icons 5440.
Ruckus Deluxe, Kalan Wi, Jeremy Fisher, The English Beat, The Strumbellas, The Trews, Ache Brasil, Whistler’s own Ali Milner, The Lost Fingers, The Boom Booms, Hey Ocean!, Dessy Di Lauro and Maestro round out the performance calendar.
Also this year, Whistler will see the return of the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra with expanded programming in July.
The Whistler Presents Summer Concert Series is part of the Resort Municipality of Whistler’s Festivals, Events and Animation program which includes original programming, animation, and augmentation programming for third party events, helping to create a robust year-round events calendar for the resort.
Whistler Presents Concert Series
• Saturday, June 29 – Matt Dusk
• Sunday June 30 – 54-40
• Monday July 1 – Ruckus Deluxe, Kalan Wi, Jeremy Fisher
• Friday July 5 – The English Beat
• Saturday July 6 – The Strumbellas, The Trews
• Saturday July 13 (during the Children’s Arts Festival) – Ache Brazil
• Sunday, July 14 (during the Children’s Arts Festival) – Ali Milner, The Lost Fingers
• Friday July 26 – The Boom Booms, Hey Ocean!
• Saturday, July 27 – Dessy Di Lauro, Maestro
• Friday August 30 through Sunday, September 1 – to be confirmed
Vancouver Symphony Orchestra (VSO)
• Afternoon quartets and quintets (three concerts per day) – July 16, 17
• Evening concerts – July 19, 20
• Afternoon concert – July 21
Additional summer events
• Whistler Half Marathon – June 1
• Tough Mudder – June 22-23
• Inter-Cultural Forum and Festival – June 28
• Canada Day – July 1
• Children’s Arts Festival – July 13-14
• Crankworx – August 9-18
• Wanderlust – August 1-4
• Ironman Canada – August 25
• RBC Whistler GranFondo – September 7
• International Day of Peace – September 21
• Spirit Within Festival – September 27-28
• Whistler Readers and Writers Festival – October 18-20
For the most comprehensive list of Whistler events, visit the official event schedule at www.whistler.com/events.
In Whistler, summer fun includes an array of activities spanning the spectrum of all that the resort has to offer – from hiking and sightseeing, adventure activities like bungee jumping, a variety of water sports, biking and golf. Cultural opportunities also abound with the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre, the Whistler Museum and a number of art galleries. Shopping, dining and pampering experiences are all within a stone’s throw of the pedestrian village and surrounding areas. For the inside scoop on summer in Whistler, read the Whistler Insider blog.
Whistler summer vacation packages include everything from ziplining, sightseeing on the record-breaking PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola, golf and dining. Or, choose to create your own custom package at www.whistler.com where Whistler-based travel consultants can assist with flights, ground transportation, accommodation and activities.
Whistler.com offers the largest selection with no booking fee for accommodation and activities. Call 1.800.WHISTLER (1.800.944.7853) to request a no-obligation quote or visit whistler.com for more details and offers.